A (late) Merry Christmas and an (early) happy new year y’all! Just a quick update: The AM-B404 production is well in schedule. Some already sold… so it might be smart to inform me right now, if you’re interested in buying one… or two.
Say hello to the brand new AM-B404, a 2MB, Size-1 Transputer TRAM. It wouldn’t be a Geekdot’ish device, if it hadn’t at least one LED 😉
Besides this, its using as-recent-as-possible parts, is fully SRAM (i.e. fast) and just half the size of the original Inmos counterpart (IMS-B404). Oh, and did I mention the 2 LEDs?
Several sections and chapters got updated.
- Finally opened the Software section for Transputers and the i860 (DSM boards). More to come when I find the time…
- Updated the Parsytec GigaCluster with more details on cooling and more hardware pictures – as well as some tiny new findings on the SuperCluster NCU boards.
- Some Housekeeping, due to the fact that Helios is becoming a bigger matter on GeekDot it was moved from a chapter to a full fledged section.
- Finally! Running X Window on Helios described… there’s even a screenshot 😉
- Small but adorable addition to the INMOS TRAM section – the mighty IMSB438, the ultimate graphics TRAM!
- Hauppauge 4860 manual added for downloading… nice read even you’re not in the owners club. Also I found a better piccy of the original framebuffer.
To start celebrating this years 30th anniversary of the Transputer, what else would be a nice present than reviving THE Transputer OS of that time?!
It’s here: Project “Helios NextGeneration” officially went public. Get the sources from github and join reviving a classic.
The “Transputer to i2c project” aka T2I2C finally developed into a real circuit board! Check it out here… and that just the start:
Not only is the T2i2c probably the first new TRAM since 1997 but it’s the kickoff for all my planned “30 Years Transputers” jubilee events. Stay tuned!
Ok, the page seems to look like it did before. Right. But everything has changed:
- First of all, after 15 years the sites hosting was moved, the OS upgraded and everything just smells sooooo up-to-date
- The CMS was brought to the newes release making it much quicker
- A Blog was added. Yeah, lame today-tech, but if I might feel the urge to post something, there’s a place for it now… and you can comment on my stuff. Hey! If that’s not tempting?!
But there’s more to come. I was working on quite a big retro-project the last months which might actually interest more people than the usual 10 suspects. Stay tuned – it won’t be another 2 months, promised!
Finally! Blinkenlights meet Transputer(s)! An OS-Link to I2C interface (T2I2C) makes it possible. Read more about it in this brand new chapter…This time with schematics and sources, yay!
This was something you could have forseen: The last empty slots on the Inmos B020 were finally filled. 2MB of VRAM… woohoo! Go to the bottom of this page to see it in its fully glory.