March 2, 2017 at 9:54 #2151
Current availability: 1st batch sold out.
→ Starting the next batch on-demandThank you for your interest in the T2A2!As said on the T2A2 page, I’ll solder them on demand as I don’t know how big the interest is/will be. So here are the boring facts:
As for the needed TRAM:I have created a Über-TRAM called ‘AM-B404‘.
- Price for one T2A2 card is 50€
- You’ll need a so-called TRAM (a small PCB with a Transputer+RAM on it, described here, or an external Transputer system to connect it to the T2A2
- To program the Transputer, you need to dig into either OCCAM or C programming using the INMOS tools
It’s a size-1 TRAM with 2MB SRAM… I’d say the fastest 2MB you can get.
That’s a bit costly @ 60€ a piece (but still a LOT cheaper as what you pay on eBay) + 10€ for a T800 Transputer. I still have 2 AM-B404 available from the last batch. That said, 2MB RAM might be a bit over the top for an Apple II – at least as long there’s no application making real use of it.
I.e. 2MB are enough to run a complete OCCAM development environment on it, or a complete Helios kernel with all bells’n’whistles.So for the first steps I might also have some (used/vintage) 32k & 128k TRAMs left, ask for a quote.
- Shipping inside the EU
- up to 2kg will be 9€
- insured up to a value of 50€ + tracking makes it 11€.
- Finally, Insured up to 500€ is 14€
- Shipping to the US
- up to 2kg insured up to 50€ + tracking is 19€
- insured for up to 500€ bumps that to 37€
- alternatively a “letter” with tracking and no insurance is 8€.
- And yes, from now on I do accept PayPal.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.