The Macintosh was an early, long-time unfulfilled love of mine…
While I used many models through the years, starting with a loan 128k Macintosh in 1985, I had to wait until 1994 when I had enough money to afford my first very own Mac and I even worked for them as external PM for some weeks in ’97.
… now things look different. It’s good to have a Mac for every occasion 😉
- SE 4/20 – You need a basic 68000 to test things, don’t you?
- SE/30 – Who doesn’t love him? System 7.1 – finally running with my Carrera040 accelerator
- IIci – System 7.5.5, part-time home for my Carrera040 accelerator
- IIfx – Wicket fast! ’nuff said.
- LC II – My drive test-bench. Very convenient access to floppy and hard-drive.
- Quadra 700 – because you need a desktop 68040 and something to control Jurassic Park 😉
- Quadra 950 – The ultimate A/UX beast (AWS95 card)
- PowerMac 6100 – System 8.6 – My fist Mac bought from own money – pimped with Crescendo G3/250 accelerator + a whopping 132MB RAM.
- UMAX APUS S2000 aka SuperMac C500 – Because it’s a legal Clone running System 8.
- Apple Cube – G4 power and OS 9.2 sweetness – Codewerks Workhorse
- iMac G3/400 DV – Bought it for dad, got it back after years, can’t part from it…
- Power Mac G4 MDD – Dual PPC beast, last model natively supporting System 9. This marks the horizon of my collecting interest.
I will document each system when time allows. Until then, here are my Apple ventures: